Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The James Bond Vodka Martini Shaken, Not Stirred Controversy.

In my experience most experts have said to get your martini stirred, not shaken.  Sure, sounds reasonable, but everyone is not the same and I sometimes disagree with the experts and to some extent common sense and good judgment.  So, it's testing time.  Going down to Buffalo Wild Wings, I conducted my taste test there. 

Both drinks look identical.  The shaken:  It was noticeably colder, which I like, and smoother because of the melted ice.  The stirred:  Was thicker and had a lot better flavor. 

I like cold and smooth over flavor.  Huh.  I guess that I'm a barbarian and am going to side with James Bond.  Bond had it right in my humble option.  So, always try things especially when it comes to taste, you may find out that you may disagree with the experts.

No comments:

Post a Comment